About Our Community
- The primary building that makes up Pickering North was built in 1895 with the rear portion, affectionately known as “the annex”, added in 1910.
- While the main building served as the school, the annex housed the gymnasium with accompanying locker rooms.
- Jack Welch is a Pickering North School alumnus
- The building served as a school until 1979 and was converted to condominiums in 1981. Pickering North is the first condo association in Salem and the first of many schools that are now condominiums
- 25 units that are 90% owner-occupied. Many long-term residents.
- Spacious and private backyard with fire-pit, picnic tables, chiminea and space for resident gardens.
- Sprawling front yard and meticulously maintained exterior/interior
- Motivated and responsive management and trustees to ensure the best living experience
- Pets welcome - cats, birds, small animals - No Dogs
- Active community with opportunities for volunteering on co-operative projects. Learn and teach new skills alongside your neighbors and enhance your community at the same time.